Surfers watch the waves from the terrace of an ocean-view restaurant for the best conditions. Located just a hop, skip and a jump from downtown, this vast expanse of sand has a lifeguard station open during the summer. The beach is reached by stairs. Parking is very easy (free parking at the end of Avenue des Echassiers). There are also places on the boulevard des Sables.
Top surfing spot : Beginners and experienced surfers meet here to surf the Landes wave in front of the Dune.
Good to know
- Supervised beach from June to September
- Respect the safety instructions of the lifeguards in the swimming areas
- Beware of sunburn, even on cloudy days. Use sunscreen
- Enter the water gradually to avoid the risk of hydrocution
- The ocean is a natural space: protect it by respecting the environment
- Contribute to the cleanliness of the beaches, do not throw your garbage and cigarette butts on the sand
- Campfires and wild camping are prohibited